New and remarkable from Fenty, ASPENX and FlexiSpot
The year 2021 is finally drawing to a close, for better or for worse, but there are already clues as to what 2022 will bring to the world of retail.
Perhaps the biggest and most profound change is that the Federal Reserve clearly telegraphed its intention last week to raise interest rates up to three times next year, thus ending a policy of the pandemic era of keeping lending rates close to zero. Although the Fed technically sets only the rate at which banks lend each other overnight money, any change in the fed funds rate inevitably spills over to the interest rates banks charge their customers.
This means Americans as a whole are likely to start tightening their belts and being more picky about their purchases, especially when it comes to more expensive items like cars and homes. And, in response to that, companies will almost certainly start to become more cautious, cutting back on expansion plans, etc., as they try to keep their stock prices from falling. There could be some good news, however: One of the Fed’s main reasons for raising interest rates would be to reduce the record levels of inflation that pushed prices up through almost everything last year.
If this news gets you looking for a strong drink, by the way, grab it now: Keurig will not sell, service or support its Drinkworks home bars. You can request a refund from the company until February 28.
There have also been changes closer to home. In 2021, we welcomed a new look and name, expanded our team, and started posting New & Notable daily. It all adds up to our Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday and Cyber ââMonday coverage, our holiday gift guides, and of course our regular wellness stories, tech and more.
This is our last new and notable of 2021, but we’ll always be posting new content for the new year, including December sales to watch and our feedback on which products selected readers have purchased the most this year.
New from FlexiSpot, ASPENX and Fenty
Here are some recently launched products that we thought you might want to know more about, based on the interest of selected readers. They are all available for purchase now.
FlexiSpot deploys its aesthetic motorized sit-stand workstation EM6M
FlexiSpot has already earned a spot on our 2021 recommended standing desk list, and now the company has introduced a motorized standing desk. The EM6M has a button for raising and lowering the desk, a touchscreen that switches between sit and stand modes, a wireless charger, three USB charging ports, a cord organizer, and mounting holes for two monitors.
Fenty Launches Pre-Show Glow Retexturizing Treatment and Reusable Applicator
Rihanna’s powerful beauty company launched this 10% AHA exfoliating treatment that the company says the musician uses herself. It has a gentle formula that makes skin soft and makeup-ready, according to the brand, and helps to clarify and smooth. It also comes with a reusable applicator and gives off a pomegranate and hibiscus scent. Fenty says it’s clean, vegan, and suitable for all skin types.
ASPENX Partners With Prada For Limited Edition Ski Clothing
Prada has taken the lead in the design of this new line of performance ski wear from ASPENX. The new clothing lines for men and women were designed to provide mobility and comfort in the snow and are made with durable textiles, according to ASPENX. They also feature an iconic red, white, and black slash graphic.
Sales and offers to take you to 2022
There are still plenty of sales to keep you busy shopping after the holidays and next year. We’re including a few sales that won’t start for a few days but end before New & Notable returns.
- the hinterland offers up to 75 percent off select sale styles.
- SkinStore will take up 75 percent off select beauty marks if you use the code CYBER.
- Old navy it is to give up 75 percent off.
- Case and barrel offers up to 60 percent off furniture and up 30 percent off select the decor.
- Neiman marcus offers up to 60 percent off previously discounted items, plus a surcharge 25 percent off items on sale until December 25.
- Wayfair will take up 60 percent off until January 4.
- TravelPro will give up to 60 percent off Last call offers and 20 percent off new collections.
- On the table will abandon you to 55 percent off cookware.
- Brooklyn Bedding offer 50 percent off leaves and 20 percent off mattress until December 21.
- Reformation offers up to 50 percent off select styles.
- AeroGarden offers up to 50 percent off select products.
- Anthropology offers up to 50 percent off select holiday gifts.
- Dry bar lower prices to 50 percent until January 4 for the winter wishes sale.
- The threshold offers up to 50 percent off plants, planters, vacation packages and more.
- Adidas offers up to 40 percent off select styles through December 31st.
- Asos will take up 40 percent off select styles.
- Madewell reduced prices up to 40 percent for favorite holidays and up to 25 percent for some styles.
- Dermstore will offer up to 30 percent off, with a supplement 10 percent off sale items when you use code EXTRA10 through December 31st.
- Gravity blankets offer 30 percent off throughout the site from December 26 to 31.
- Lovesac offer 30 percent off Packages of bags, 20 percent off Bags and 15 percent off Sactionals until December 26.
- Kate spade offers a supplement 30 percent off sales styles when using code EXTRA30.
- Food saver will give up to 30 percent off all over the site.
- JCPenney will offer a supplement 30 percent off with the code NEWYOU22 on January 1st.
- Nest Bedding offer 25 percent off the Sparrow Signature mattress until December 20 and 10% off mattresses, mattress toppers, duvets and more until January 10.
- ZAGG will give up to 25 percent off throughout the site until December 23.
- Zipporah offer 20 percent off full-size perfumes if you use code FRAGRANCE20 and free same day delivery for purchases with code SATURDAY until December 24
Discover Select’s in-depth coverage on personal finance, technology and tools, wellness and more, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date.